Our Technician Services refer to any activities outside of Installation and LAN/WAN Assessments. This includes break-fix activities, equipment movement, troubleshooting and individual repair services for customers who have a frequent need for repair visits. Through these deployments, any business interruptions are minimized and you can quickly get back to operating at peak efficiency.
Based upon the requirements for the each specific activity, Contingent chooses the appropriate technician level for you. We maintain 4 levels of technicians, each with an increasing level of knowledge and experience.
- Two hour, four hour, same day, next day on-site arrival times from receipt of request
- 7×24 web-based and email dispatch availability
- Technical support and troubleshooting
- Voluntary response time SLA and automatic penalties
- Status and performance reporting
- Worldwide coverage
- Certifications in a variety of technologies
- Fastest on-site resolution available
- Wide variety of dispatch options – email, call, through our website
- Availability and security of network optimized
- On-site response in as little as two hours
- Best-in-Class methods to track assets, troubleshoot, repair and document problems
- Contingent’s “Total Problem Ownership” approach
Sending a Dispatch Request
There are three ways to request a field service call (dispatch) from Contingent:
- Via Contingent Web Site: Please fill out the online Dispatch Request form and submit. You will receive a confirmation email indicating the request was received. A Contingent Project Coordinator will contact you via email or telephone to provide relevant information regarding progress in covering the dispatch.
- Via Standard Email: Please send an e-mail with all pertinent information to our dispatch team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email indicating the request was received. A Project Coordinator will contact you via email or telephone to provide relevant information regarding progress in covering the dispatch.
- Via Telephone: Please dial (800) 506-9609 and press “1” when prompted. This will route you to a Project Coordinator. After hours, this call will be routed through our Client Care Center who will then assign a Project Coordinator to your request. The Project Coordinator will then contact you via email and telephone. The Project Coordinator shall create an internal Contingent trouble ticket based upon the information contained in the request and reply in writing with that ticket number.
Dispatches & Criticality
Regular business hours are considered 8:00AM through 5:00PM of the affected site, and the request for a technician must be received by 2PM for same day arrival. There are also five levels of priority or “criticality” and each can be requested during or after regular business hours. In lieu of the following, just telling us exactly when we should arrive will automatically assign a criticality to your request.
Criticality is defined as below:
- Criticality 1 Dispatch (Emergency):
On site within 2 hours. Not available at all locations.
- Criticality 2 Dispatch (Major):
On site within 4 hours. Not available at all locations.
- Criticality 3 Dispatch (Minor):
On site the same day.
- Criticality 4 Dispatch (Routine)
On site the next business day.
- Criticality 5 Dispatch (Scheduled)
On site the second business day4
Controlled Access Dispatch
Often our Clients want to control who within their organization can make a dispatch request, so we created a login option that requires a password. If a request is received from an employee or person through the public dispatch request form but they are not on the approved list, Contingent will verify by telephone with Client management that this request is authorized. To set this up simply contact your Business Development Manager or any of our friendly staff.
There are a few things that the Client needs to do to ensure that Contingent can expedite the entire process.
- Notification of site personnel that a Contingent Field Technician/Engineer will be arriving on-site (or allowing us to notify on your behalf) to perform troubleshooting and repair services,
- Ensure open access to the site in order that problems are expeditiously resolved,
- Inform Contingent of all environmental factors affecting a site (i.e., asbestos and other hazardous materials, unexposed high voltage wiring, etc.)
- Notify Contingent as soon as possible when a cancellation is required. Contingent understands that situations in the field tend to be very “fluid”. In a matter of minutes, you may experience a change in status of your problem and possibly even repair it without our support. These are fortunate outcomes, however, if you must cancel a dispatch you may incur a cancellation fee of $50 plus travel and on-site time per event. If the cancellation comes within 15 minutes of the original dispatch request, this fee will not apply.